Master CSS :- Top CSS Frameworks and Resources
The average attention span of a normal person is 8 seconds, so it is really important that your website is attractive in decent way, that the user like and continue to stay on it, and in order to do you need to be quite good in CSS. Let's see how can you master/upgrade your CSS skills.
You all know that CSS has a very important role in the website. As
HTML provides the structure of the web page,
CSS provides layouts (visual and aural) for a variety of devices. So, it becomes very important for a web developer to spend time on styling his/her website to give it a decent look, but if you do this by using pure CSS (by writing everything by your own) it would be very difficult, time consuming and painful.
Then how can we save our precious time and build a decent looking web page ?
The answer for this question is by using CSS Frameworks
You can understand the term
Framework as it provides a foundation on which software developers can build programs for a specific platform.
Let's dive in and explore some of the most popular and common CSS frameworks, which will make your life a lot easier.
- Bootstrap :- Bootstrap is the most popular CSS framework among the developers, and this is because it is very easy to learn and masetr, plus the development of website become very much faster.
The reason it is the most used framework because of it's pre-written classes, to give you an overview suppose you want to add a button then in
HTMLfile you just have to decalare a class
btninside the button tag, and boom !! It's done.
<button class="btn">Programming Port</button>
The main reason that bootstrap is used more frequently is that, there pre-written classes for almost everything you need to add in your website.
- 45% of the CSS developers had used it and would use it again.
- Time saver
- Prevent any browser compatibility testing issues.
- Well-maintained codebase
- Better consistency and teamwork.
- Low learning curve.
- Battery drain and slow loading time.
- All website looks the same.
Who is using Bootstrap ?
Twitter, Spotify, Walmart, Intel, Udemy, Mint
- Materialize CSS :- Materialized CSS is a morden reponsive CSS framework designed by Google
If you want to make a website which has classy UI, then Materialize contains a plethora of custom CSS to help accomplish a unique website design. Materialize is a blend of clever CSS and top-notch design aesthetics.
- 17.7 % of the CSS developers have used it and would like to use it again.
- Variety of Built-in features.
- Reduces coding time.
- Great plugin selections.
- Ease of use.
- Less support
Who is using Materialize CSS ? WPArena, Digital Services, GameRaven, DroneDeploy.
- Tailwind :- Tailwind is not a complete framework, rather it is a utility-first famework. This means that you as a developer have more power in your hand, because you can customize it with your custom CSS and also it provides you an ease of development, so it is very handy framework. In
Tailwindall you need is to do determine thoroughly is the scope of your project.
- 4.9 % of the CSS developers have used it and would like to use it again.
- Site Unaffected by individual changes.
- Ease of use.
- Highly customizable.
- Greater development speed.
- Insignificant for the experts.
- Doesn't support grid layout.
Who is using Tailwind ? BlaBlaCar, otto-now, Clasisights, JetThoughts, EXR
Note one thing that you have to add your custom CSS in your website to achive a decent looking website. If you use less custom CSS and rely more on the framework for styling then it is more likely that your website somehow looks similar to other websites.
Keep in mind that CSS framework is used only to speed-up your development process.
There are many more frameworks which I had not mentioned here, that doesn't mean that they are bad or you should not use them.
No, that's not the case. The frameworks mentioned here are popular frameworks right now, they have good documentation and they are quiet easy to learn and master in order to give a decent look to your website.
But is is highly recommended that you should use the framework according to your requirement, for example : if you want to develop a website very quickly then go with
Bootstrap, if you want to give a classy and smooth look to your website then use
Materialize CSS and if you do not want to write entire CSS by yourself but want it to be customized entirely according to you then my recommendation is that you should use
Remember one thing that you have to choose a framework according to the use-case, this is best and recommended way in any development practice.
I hope that this article be helpful for you, and will help you to choose your next CSS framework.