Inverted Paging | Operating System - M05 P14
This is a multipart blog article series, and in this series I am going to explain you the concepts of operating system. This article series is divided into multiple modules and this is the fifth module which consists of 26 articles.
In this article we will see about inverted paging, we will see that what is the need of inverted paging and why it is used.
- In normal paging each process has its own page table and page table is present in main memory.
- So some place in main memory is used to store the page table and it is not good.
- In inverted paging instead of making page table for every process we make a global page table.
- Number of entries in global page table will be equal to total number of frame number in main memory.
- There is a problem in inverted paging that its searching time is more.
- While it uses less memory than normal paging because of the use of global page table.
So this was a brief description about inverted paging. Hope you liked it and learned something new form it.
If you have any doubt, question, quires related to this topic article or just want to share something with me, than please feel free to contact me.